As the better weather arrives after the wet winter, thoughts turn to spring cleaning your homes and that may include cleaning your carpets.
But there is something you need to know about hiring carpet cleaners before you call for help.
Anyone with a pulse and an estate car call themselves a carpet cleaner,” “In the UK, there’s no licensing for carpet cleaning. There’s no licensing nationally for carpet cleaning. The National Carpet Cleaners Association (N.C.C.A.) is the national recognised trade body for carpet cleaners in the UK.
And not everyone claiming to be a professional carpet cleaner in Bristol has gone through training and certification.
“In fact, there’s a lot of persons in Bristol that will go out and rent portable equipment and don’t have £15-£20,00,000 machines and equipment and they’ll show up at the home. You see that in Groupon ads and you even see that with some of the guys in the free ad magazines.”
The first warning can be the cost.
The first thing is pricing. people that are advertising unreal ” low prices.”
Also check the reviews.
We have over 40 “10/10” reviews out there with Checkatrade and we have a couple that aren’t as good as we’d like them to be, but overall they’re great and that’s what you want to look for.”
Make sure and ask are you a certified firm and are your Staff certified and how long have they been doing what they’re doing?”
you should keep these tips in mind when hiring a carpet cleaning company:
- Review your carpet and stain protection warranty before you have professional cleaning work performed. Be advised certain types of cleaning products and equipment may void your warranty.
- Find business reviews on carpet cleaning companies on Checkatrade’s website.
- Price does matter. While no one wants to be overcharged, extremely low prices should also set off warning signals. Companies advertising very low prices may be practicing “bait and switch” advertising. Once the workers arrive in your home, they quickly push a more expensive treatment for cleaning or refuse to conduct the cleaning at the advertised price.
- Know what items the company does or doesn’t move and if there are any extra charges for this service.
- Ask these questions: Are halls and cupboards considered part of a room? Does the company use household water or power sources, or do they use their own water?
- There is no licensing for carpet cleaners in Bristol, so you may want to ask if the company is Certified via the N.C.C.A. and insured.
- Hide any valuables in a secure place.
- Once hired, if you are unsure, request the company test the cleaning method on an unseen area. Be sure you understand all instructions and methods they have prescribed.